Problems – just needs to be solved!

Some nice side effects are discovered within the insignia project. Due to the test setup, the entrance is restricted to an entrance of about 1,5 cm on the entrance. This works very nicely. The bees get used to it within few days. But if you are using an open bottom board, with a netting, making it possibly for the bees to interact, then we did see that some bees, that did not hit the entrance right away, did get stuck under the bottom board. If we did close the open bottom board the problem disappears or if we event made it impossibly for the bees to direct interact, the same happen.

Other conclusion was that mounting the beehold tubes and box, this need to be done in the evening, so that the bees recognized the new type of entrance when they excited the colony, so that they could make a new orientation flight.
Flemming Vejsnæs